Field Study #3
Field Study #3
Date: October 3, 2022
Time: 3:58 pm
Temperature: 63 degrees Fahrenheit
Time: 3:58 pm
Temperature: 63 degrees Fahrenheit
Climate: sunny, light wind
Length of Day: 11 hours and 37 minutes
Organisms: lots of acorns, leaves have started to change, but not on all trees.
Observations: The holes(animal nests?) that I noticed my past 2 visits were not as preeminent this time, and I did not see as many
What I heard: I did a sound map attached below this visit! birds chirping, a ton of crickets(continuous noise)
Questions: What happened to the holes that were in the hill that I saw the last two visits? Were they really animal nests? If so, what happened to the animals that lived in them?
Awe and Stewardship: I noticed some trash in the woods when we were out in my spot and wonder how much a piece of trash affects the animals? There were so many deer tracks on the hill, so I wonder if they ever try to eat the trash? It is important for us to pick up the trash and care for our environment.
One of the leaves that changed color already!
Deer Tracks
We found a cool shaped red leaf!
Have caterpillars or some other bug been eating this sasaphras?This is what most of the leaves looked like on the sasaphras trees.
What type of plant is this?
Lots of acorns!
Some sort of mushroom.
We have a lot of oak trees!
My sound map.
Deer Tracks
We found a cool shaped red leaf!
Have caterpillars or some other bug been eating this sasaphras?This is what most of the leaves looked like on the sasaphras trees.
What type of plant is this?
Lots of acorns!
Some sort of mushroom.
We have a lot of oak trees!
My sound map.












Excellent pics and observations. Watch for the patterns in color change and leaf fall. Bonus if you identify the plant...just include pics and identification work in your next visit post.
ReplyDelete